Wednesday 30 November 2011

Away from the track...

For the last 2 weekends I have been away from the race track :(

But I did get to fly to Florida for a holiday and some time with the better 1/2 and step daughter in the sun.

We had booked a hire car to get about in, but once we were told it would be a Toyota Corolla...NO! We went through the upgrade options, we kept away from the convertablies because we needed room for 3 + bags, but mainly so we didn't turn in to crispy bacon after a day on the road.... So ended up with some yank tank in a very Ipod white....Nice name though, Dodge CHARGER :)



It was a huge beast but felt quite slow, probably due to the auto gearbox, 3 suitcases and a nagging passenger...lol The 1st part of my holiday was down in Napels doing the usual holiday things, eating, drinking, sun bathing & shopping. The girls were out on Thursday night at the shops picking up a few 'Black Friday' bargins at the outlets at midnight! My turn soon.
Friday  saw us back on the road up to Orlando and 1st stop for me was at Superior Hobbies which is a regular stop for me when here. Now if I had a shop like this near me I would be very poor and need a bigger van to take racing, loads of stock anything and EVERYTHING you could ever need. So after a quick look around, out came the shopping list.... not only did they have almost eveything but in most cases had more than 1 set available...uuh ohh......


So just a few bits, Carbon shock towers, Tekin 4600Kv motor, load of  wheels, spring kits, sway bars, hubs etc + a pair of nice lipo 'bags' that actually fit your batteries! Most are hard or not in stock in the UK so needs must.

Next week I'll be back out on the track with a few of these bits bolted up ready to use and abuse to see if it's made me any quicker...lol

Treats for the day were:- Anything with fries!

No comments:

Post a Comment