Monday 19 December 2011

Fuzzy felt and Duvets

Well since a nice warm holiday I'm not feeling this UK weather at the moment, to bloody cold!

Took the 1/10th 4wd out for the day at Eden Park Raceway, did crap in the qualifiers but settled down a bit for the final and won the B final by quite some way (3s), with a time that would of placed me 6th in the A....damn.

Next up was going to be Nitro buggy at Slough, having arranged a car share and stood outside at 6.30am waiting, a few text's later and we were OFF, it was already raining and forcast to get worse. So back to bed and get warm under the duvet, turned out it was not so wet there and I missed a 1/2 decent days racing...But could have so easily been a bearing wrecking mudbath, my choice I guess.
Now I'm bored with no cars to fix!
So I had a little tidy up in the office/workshop and came to 1 conclusion, I like products in Red & Black......



Next up was back to more of the green stuff, this time down at Torch, only a short 66 miles away.
Still not happy with 1/10th 4wd buggies, they feel so different to nitro, so a rubbish session on the frozen astro, nearly 'throwing the toys out the pram' in the final as my car was possesed and so hard to drive...
The advantage of a quick 1/2 day meeting is the time after to do some testing, or in this case trying another car out whilst someone drives mine :) After just a few laps were both come to the same conclusion, my car is Shite and I can drive the  other much easier....strange as they are both the same !!!

More detailed checking of radio settings and setup etc found nothing 'odd' but the servo has to go down as 'dodgey' and should be checked 1st. Later at home I found the steering posts were binding on the mounting plates and was stiff as hell, worn down and locking up all the time! 2 washers later and it's smooth as silk!!! I've only done 3-4 races like this thinking it was just the car, so now gotta wait weeks until the next meeting to see if it helps sort out my erratic driving....lol


Best treats were: Caramel & Pecan cookies..yum

So Christmas next so definitely no racing! Time to have a lie in and keep warm for once!
HAPPY CHRISTMAS and see you in the New Year.


No comments:

Post a Comment