Tuesday 15 November 2011

RWMCC Slough 13-Nov-2011 Winter is here

Winter is officially here, and for racing that means some nice damp dirt and plenty of traction, but cold fingers and short finals.

I rolled up to find a full car park and setup outside with a few regulars / team mates, noticing a good number of team drivers from most of the manufactures, 1st thought was damn, where are all the slow drivers today? could be a low final for me today then!
A quick look at the track showed that some rain had fallen overnight, but then a load of fools took their cars out for practice and cleaned up the racing line quite well, thanks guys :)

Set off in Rd1 H4 and buggy was OK a bit twitchy, 7laps / 5m48s
Put my roll bars back on for R2, car was much better and I hit less traffic..7laps - 5m45s 
For R3 I swapped out the Revolvers(M3) for some XBT/Eclipse (red) as the track was almost dry now due to lots of sun, winter racing remember! Car was much better and less under steer than before. 7laps -5m38s
So a not much improvement!

 After some food & pitting duties I was off out in to the D final, 10th on the grid. The usual chaos of the start put me right at the back, as is normal for me.... The track was getting quite rough and I struggled to keep the thing rolling over a lot of the time, I'm used to racing a Truggy! Finished 11th in my final, 44th overall out of 85 drivers.
This leaves me 13th overall so far in the championship, so still OK and competing against my usual suspects.

Treats for today were - Caramel & Chocolate Crispy Bites

 Finally a well done to Mr Ginter's for his bump into the B

PS after I got home I rembered that I have raised my ride hight for the heats due to the build up of dirt BUT I forgot to lower it back down once it dried out, that might explain why it fell over ...arrrgh.

Car - Losi EU Buggy
Engine - OS Speed

No comments:

Post a Comment